Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Saina Nehwal Quotes after Olympic 2012

Below is the collection of Saina Nehwal quotes after winning Olympic Medal:

" When I started playing my mother had faith that I am going to win an Olympic one day."


"After I lost to Wang Yihan, I cried hours, but then I forgot about it because I wanted to win the bronze."


"Nothing bigger than standing on the Olympic podium..It still seems like a dream, it is unbelievable."


" I want to change the colour of the medal in future."

" Proud of myself."


"I really want to play more and get medals for the country."

"There's a good chance that the badminton team will be stronger in the next Olympics."


"Happy to have won at least bronze."

"I was confident of winning an Olympic medal but never spoke about it."


"I had trained hard and there was a lot of expectation. I initially thought that she was just taking rest as she was tiring out, but then I realised she was injured. It's sad that she got injured, but I was confident of beating her as I was coming into rhythm,"

"Today my strategy was to engage her in long rallies and it did work to some extent. Yesterday (in the semi-final) also we had the same strategy, but it did not work. I should have tried something else and played my own game instead of trying to match her,"


"I had never won a match like this before. May be, the medal was written for me. I have always wanted an Olympic medal. I always wanted to see India's national flag going up at the podium,"

"It's just unbelievable, I am speechless. I am happy that I actually did what I promised and believed in. It is a dream to win gold but I am happy that at least I have a bronze and is the first Indian to win a badminton Olympic medal,"


"I want to thank dad, mom and Gopi sir for their support. I really hope to win many more medals for India,"

"My grandmother did not come to see me till a month after my birth. I was born seven years after my only sister and my birth was a big disappointment for her. In it there is a message that I understand very well now about the discrimination against the girl child."

No comments:

Post a Comment